Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mother's First Post...

I'll be the first to post... I'm sure I will do most of the posting, however, expect to hear thoughts from my husband and my boys from time to time. :)

So, this is it.  We've made the official step toward adopting our third child. I write this with absolute joy in my heart! Before Marc and I were married, we always felt called to adopt. Fast forward 8 wonderful years of marriage and two beautiful boys later... and here we are.  This is a huge leap of faith for us, but, one we embrace.

We are hoping to use this blog as part of our connection with our new child.  I should admit though, I'm not going to try and make us seem perfect.  We are so not perfect. We are just a real family, full of laughter, tears, triumphs, mistakes, and love.

I would love to invite you on our journey. I'm not sure what is ahead for us, but, I feel optimistic about the future. I know that there is a baby waiting for us and I have faith that we are doing the right thing. There is so much to learn in the adoption process.... better get started. Wish us luck!

Katy

3 comments:

  1. i am so excited for you! I have seen first hand the adoption process and it is so beautiful. I will be praying for each of you during this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats katy! can't wait to watch your journey unfold! have you started your homestudy yet?!
    ~angie

    ReplyDelete