Friday, February 11, 2011

And so it begins...

The wait.  We've finished up our MAPP classes, completed our homestudy, had our fire inspection and now it's just a matter of time. :) Marc and I really enjoyed our classes and we were both a bit bummed they are over.  I tell ya what, MAPP classes teach you a lot about yourself.

So how am I passing the time?  Hmm...have I mentioned I'm a planner?  That's not an easy thing to be when you have no control... no idea when God will bless you with a baby.  I feel I need to prepare in some way and I have to admit that I've started nesting. I can't help it! I love to decorate and I've been brainstorming ideas for the nursery.  Some adoptive parents prefer not to get anything for the baby until the adoption is final... me on the other hand, I plan on having the room and a couple of other things ready.  It helps me channel all this restless energy I get from waiting.... and... it's so fun looking a baby things again.

One thing Marc and I have agreed to start on is painting. I want a bright, white nursery.  I will add in hints of color later. I'm attaching a picture below that is my inspiration... oh, and did I mention, I'm going to try and do this nursery for under $100?? We'll see how that goes. :)





2 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything, Sonia and I will be praying for you and your family! JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tissue pompoms are super easy to make if you go that route :-) Martha Stewart has directions online and I've heard the Target brand tissue paper holds the shape better than others.

    Enjoy decorating!

    ReplyDelete