Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dear Birth Mother.... The Letter

You might wonder what this is? Basically, it's a letter to the expectant mother introducing your family and why you feel you would be a good family for her to place the baby with... truthfully, it's kinda like selling yourself...

Okay, so far, this is the hardest part I've encountered in this entire process... I am suffering from the worst kind of writer's block and have no idea how to snap out of it.
I mean, there are so many things to say... and unfortunately, they are pretty generic in the adoption world. For example, I've seen a lot of...

"We are so honored to have you view our profile." when really i want to write: "Oh my goodness!!! You are reading our profile!! That is awesome! Read more.... like us please?"

and if I were being completely honest??? I would really like to write : "Pick us, Choose us, Please! We are the coolest family ever."

*sigh*

I sat with Marc last night and we brainstormed a few ideas. We are leaning toward just making a video about us and why we wish to adopt. Obviously, we will still have a letter for our profile... but, I love the idea of just keeping it simple with a link to our video.  We'll see.


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I think that open honest enthusiasm might really stand out and grab someone much more than the same intro we all tend to write. Heck, I'd want to read what you wrote! I say go with your gut, you guys seem so fun, have some fun with it. :) A video sounds great!

    ReplyDelete